The Canada Colors and Chemicals Limited of companies is committed to taking every practical precaution towards ensuring that its products and operations do not present an unacceptable level of risk to its employees, customers, the public or the environment.
In this regard, CCC will handle, manufacture, transport and distribute chemicals, chemical products, wastes and services in accordance with the following Responsible Care Guiding Principles.
- Provide information on the hazards of chemicals and chemical products to its customers enabling them to use and dispose of products in a safe manner and make such information available to the public on request.
- Provide information on the hazards and associated risks of distribution activities to employees, contractors, visitors, sub-distributors and to those in the community who have an interest.
- Make Responsible Care an early and integral part of the planning process leading to new products, processes or operating facilities.
- Increase the emphasis on the understanding of its existing products and their uses and ensure that a high level of understanding of its products and their potential hazards is achieved prior to and throughout commercial development.
- Comply with all legal requirements that affect its operations, products and services.
- Be responsive and sensitive to community concern.
- Work actively with, and assist governments and selected organizations, to foster and encourage and equitable and attainable standards.