Position: Technical Sales Representative
Location: Montreal (home office)
Reports to: Sales Manager, CCC Ingredients
CCC has a challenging position for a high-energy and driven individual interested in playing a key role in the growth of our Ingredients business. In this role, your key responsibilities will be as follows:
- Grow the existing account base in Quebec, primarily in Personal Care & Pharmaceutical
- Develop new business, with a focus on regularly scheduled prospecting
- Establish strong long term customer relationships
- Professionally promote CCC as the vendor of choice within the Food, Personal Care and Pharmaceutical industries
- University degree in science or business degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of successful technical sales experience
- Exposure (i.e. direct experience, well-established knowledge, existing relationships) to major personal care and pharmaceutical customers a definite requirement
- Experience with suppliers an asset
- Entrepreneurial attitude, self-motivation, and the ability to work independently and to handle pressure
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills; effective team player
- Proficiency in MS Office and Avenue
- Fully bilingual (French and English); a valid driver’s license
Interested candidates should apply to Neila Longman c/o CCC Human Resources, at email@example.com.
Technical Sales Representative
Canada Colors and Chemicals (CCC)
It’s rare to find a company that consistently goes the extra mile. That’s what we strive to do at Canada Colors and Chemicals (CCC), and it’s the reason we’ve been thriving for more than 90 years.
CCC is one of the largest independent distributors in Canada, and the 10th largest distributor in North America. We provide “Intelligent Delivery” of more than 5000 products and we’re proud of our longstanding success and high standards. We were one of the first to be certified as a ‘Responsible Care’ company, which is a commitment to practices of environmental sustainability and social responsibility.
CCC is a family-owned business and that is reflected in how we treat our people. Our culture is built on respect, integrity and excellence. Many employees have said that they can’t imagine working anywhere else, and there’s nothing we love to hear more than that.
So if you are looking for a job where you can be part of a winning team that feels a little more like a family than a company, then look no further – come and join us at CCC.
We have an immediate opening for a Technical Sales Representative in British Columbia focusing on the Greater Vancouver area.
In this role you will be inheriting a diverse portfolio of clients in an established territory. However the real opportunity is to build and expand this territory which is rich with untapped prospects. We need an individual who is able to re-establish and maintain external relationships, as well as someone who understands the value of internal relationships and sees the opportunities that can come from them.
We need someone who is ready to learn multiple business lines – coatings and construction as well as the industrial business lines. Since this job is all about putting the customer first you will be supported by an exceptional internal team to make sure clients’ needs are taken care of.
Who We’re Looking For
You’re resourceful and ready to make your mark by building and growing a profitable territory.
You’re someone who doesn’t look at an account myopically; you see the full potential. You don’t pigeon hole yourself in just one line of business; you see all the possibilities of selling multiple lines. You’re resourceful and open to working strategically with other product specialists and representatives within CCC. If we all work together, we all profit.
You’re someone who is prepared. You do your research and approach a client meeting with an arsenal of information and ideas. You know that this business is all about maintaining relationships. You communicate well and anticipate client needs.
Think you’re right for the job? Let’s find out.
- Degree in chemistry, chemical engineering or in a related chemical field
- Sales experience in the industrial market
- Sales experience in the coatings and construction market
- Knowledge of the BC chemical sales market
- Experience working independently without supervision while managing your own hours and work schedule
- Proficient in Excel with experience producing detailed sales reports
- Experience in a role that requires prospecting and cold calling
This is a full time permanent position working from home. This role will be supporting all of BC with the majority of clients located in central Vancouver and the outskirts, so you can expect that day travel would be necessary with an occasional overnight requirement.
Compensation for this position includes an attractive base salary as well as target bonuses. In addition, we also offer a comprehensive benefit plan which includes health and dental coverage, a pension plan, and paid vacation.
How to Apply
Our online application will allow you to apply to this role as a complete candidate – not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and should take about 10–15 minutes to complete. You can get a copy of your assessment when you’re done by logging into the application tool.
If you require any accommodation in the application process, please contact us with the “Need Help” button in the button in the application.
We will review applications as they are received and really look forward hearing from you.
To apply go to https://www.jobfit.co/job/1058?s=fc